One thing you probably already know about me is that I am a member of the Schoolhouse Review Crew, otherwise known as The Crew. The Crew has been an amazing opportunity for me, both as a homeschool parent, and as a blogger. First of all, my family gets to try new curriculum and supplements for our homeshool. We have been exposed to new companies we may have never found or may not have been tempted to try, and as a result, we have learned a lot about our homeschool style, the children’s learning styles, and my teaching preferences. I have found homeschooling support and encouragement from the other parents, and frankly, it is just a lot of fun! The Crew is an amazing group of people, and it’s that time of the year when they are welcoming new members!
The Schoolhouse Review Crew will be taking applications for the 2014 Review year from October 24 - November 8!
If you are a homeschool blogger that enjoys trying new curriculum and writing reviews...
Then you might be perfect for the Crew!
Some requirements for being a part of the Crew include the following:
- First of all you must be a homeschool mom or dad. You don’t have to homeschool all of your children, but you must homeschool at least one.
- You must be willing to use the review products for about six weeks in your homeschool, before writing your review. Review periods have deadlines and requirements for the reviews. You must be willing to follow these requirements. No, that doesn't mean you must write a positive review. But it does mean that there are certain elements that are required. And the deadlines are firm. If you are often late for deadlines, the Crew is probably not for you.
- You must have a blog on which to publish your reviews, and be sure you have an active blog with a following. By active blog, I mean that you should be blogging regularly, at least weekly, about your family and homeschool (in addition to your reviews). Your blog should have followers — RSS feed or email subscribers, as well as in social media. The Crew does not accept brand new bloggers who just set up their blogs for the purposes of applying to the team.
- Are you using social media to promote your blog? Activity on at least one social media platform is a requirement to serve on the Crew. Which one is up to you — Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Google Plus are the options. You will need to be willing to promote your reviews there and post a widget or plug-in publicly on your blog, indicating how many followers you have in social media.
- You must be willing to check into the Crew's Review Management forum. This is where information is disseminated to the team. The leadership does everything possible to make things easy for us, outside of writing the actual review, but you need to be willing to participate by checking in almost daily.
- Sample reviews are helpful. If you’ve never written a review on your blog, go ahead and write one for curriculum you are currently using in your homeschool. This will help the leaders see how you approach writing reviews.
Why should you want to be a part?
It's not just about the products and the reviews. Yes, those are helpful to our homeschool. Being exposed to such a variety of products has helped us figure out what works and what doesn't work for us. It's fun.
However, it's also about the connections and the opportunities. You will grow as a reviewer, as a blogger, and as a homeschooler. You'll find other homeschooling parents who are like you, and some who are very different, but all who strive to provide an enriching environment for their children, and who will try to help you do the same for yours. It's a diverse group of people, but you will always find support and encouragement.
How can you apply?
After making sure you meet all of the requirements, if you believe you would to an asset to the Schoolhouse Review Crew and wish to join us, please click over to the Schoolhouse Review Crew blog to apply.
Come be a part of The Old Schoolhouse family!
This is a unique opportunity, and I am so glad I am part of the Crew. If you have any questions, feel free to email me!
©2011-2013 Mom’s Heart. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://www.moms-heart.blogspot.com