While we've mostly had a good summer, we did lose our dog June. She's been in the family for nearly 11 years, so it wasn't completely unexpected, but it was still hard nonetheless. She never gave us any trouble and was such a faithful friend.
Despite this loss, we still had a good summer overall.
Here are some of the highlights . . .
- We picked out new living room and dining room sets when we moved, which was a fun treat for ME!
- We've found some local parks the kids enjoy
- There are really nice walking paths here along the river
- There's such a small-town feel here, and so many festivals that I feel like I'm living in Stars Hollow
- My mom and sister came for a surprise visit in early July!
- The kids love the nearby water park--pool, slides, splashpad and lazy river means fun for all of us!
- Elliott is learning to code with Scratch
- Vacation Bible School (x2)
- The Wilds is a fun field trip for little zoologist wannabes
- There's a wildlife refuge nearby that we want to explore more
- We've enjoyed cookouts and bonfires with family and friends
- We have baby bluebirds in our hanging plant on the back porch
- I had a stranger say "He's six!? He's so smart for six!!" and another lady we'd just met, a retired teacher, said "That's because she homeschools them." They both agreed it was the best thing I could be doing for my kids. I know that, but it truly is nice to hear others say that too!
©2011-2016 Mom’s Heart. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://www.moms-heart.com