When it comes to traditions, we don't have a lot, but I do hope we're passing on special memories. Here are a few that come to mind.
- Birthdays ~ Birthday person gets to choose the meals on their special day. If the party is on the weekend after the actual birthday, we still do a small batch of cupcakes on their actual birthday. (Or husband does cheesecake or pumpkin roll for my birthday! :)
- Friday Night Fun ~ The kids love staying up "late" and having movie night. We don't do it every single week, but it's still fun to do a picnic in the living room floor or pop popcorn for a family movie.
- Christmas Pajamas ~ I love to take a picture in front of the tree with the kids in their Christmas jammies.
- Christmas Books ~ I must read Christmas books all season long. I do a mix of classic (How the Grinch Stole Christmas) and newer stories that look appealing.
- Hayride ~ Every fall, the extended family gets together for a bonfire and hayride, and there's chili and potato soup and s'mores and lots of fun!
- Seasonal/Holiday Decorating ~ My husband loves to decorate for fall and Christmas, and always makes a big deal out of this to get the kids involved.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center ~ We've done this just about every time we've visited Georgia since it opened, so the kids have decided among themselves that this must become a tradition.
My Wish List
It feels strange to write out a wishlist. There's not much I really need, and I'm that person that just shrugs if you ask me what I want. I've always felt selfish saying "I want this," and as an adult, I would rather the money be put to a more practical use. However, if I had to make a list.
- Gift cards to favorite clothing stores ~ then I could buy clothes here and there as I want
- Amazon gift cards ~ I already mentioned they're one of my favorite places to shop.
- Family Gifts ~ The practical side of me would love "family" gifts like a membership to a museum or science center or zoo. Experiences, rather than more stuff.
- A trusted babysitter ~ We don't have any close family around right now, so Date Nights are non-existent
- More time with my family ~ I live 10 hours from most of my family, so I'd love more trips to see them or for them to be able to visit me more often
©2011-2016 Mom’s Heart. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://www.moms-heart.com