The very last list is 2017 Goals. I have a few specific goals for this year. Some are large, and some are smaller, but all are attainable.
- Read through my Bible - I'm thinking I will do a full year plan.
- 52 Books in 52 Weeks - this is for me to make time for myself to enjoy reading again! I think I might try to blog about this monthly.
- Encourage a Reading Culture - I'm hoping that if I am consciously reading in front of the kids more, that will naturally encourage them to join me, but I'm going to have them do some reading challenges of their own! We'll start with the Read Aloud Challenge and then I'll look for others for future months to keep things fresh.
- Become a Healthier Me - Not so much for weight loss, but I'm okay if that's a result! Things I want to do this year are reduce (eliminate) caffeine, stop snacking on junk food, and exercise more
- 34 Weeks of Clean - I had "declutter" on this list--we moved in May and I've already noticed clutter creeping in. Then I saw today that this challenge is happening again! I started it when I was pregnant with Eloise, but only made it a few weeks after she was born before I let it go. I don't know if I'll try to blog about it or not, but I do plan to follow along.
- Organize Pictures - I'd like to do some of those photo/memory books, because I'm so far behind on my pictures.
- Develop a More Focused School Routine - It's hard to get into a routine when schedules constantly change, the toddler's nap schedule shifts or life happens, but I want to start the year getting into a good routine that the kids can move through seamlessly with me
- 52 Lists - I think I'm going to get the physical journal too, like someone else mentioned. It's a wonderful way to "journal," which I never do anymore. It only takes a few minutes and I can spend some reflecting on different parts of my life
- Take More Field Trips - Still being new to the area, having a 4th grader eligible for the every kid in a park program, and getting a membership to the state's history center program (reciprocal membership to 50+ history sites), we have no excuses. I want to do the local indoor places this winter while it's cold, and then we can do more outdoor sites when the weather is nice.
- Educate Myself - I think reading more for myself will be a great start, but I also want to spend some time listening to interesting podcasts, going to a class, attending a seminar, teaching myself a skill, or otherwise just working towards learning something new. It's all part of being a Lifelong Learner.
©2011-2016 Mom’s Heart. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://www.moms-heart.com